College of Engineering & Technology
- College Engineering and Technology (CET) was established in 2004 E.C.
- CET currently has 664 first and second year students in eight departments (Civil Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Garment Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Architecture, Food Process Engineering, Construction Technology and Management and Mechanical Engineering).
- Duration of the study program is five years for all programs.
- Primarily First Year students will choose either Pre-Engineering or Architecture Departments as per their interest. At the end of the semester they will be allowed to choose one of the Engineering Departments according to their performance results and interests. Placement is made based on the College placement guide line.
- For the coming, 2006 E.C, academic year it will have a total of 1204 students and will open one additional program named Water Resource and Environmental Engineering.
- To create fusion of education, research and consultancy en route for advance knowledge and skills in response to the ever-changing and challenging business environment.
- To become nationally recognized and respected Hub of Technology institute with strong commitment and significant continental repute by 2028.
CET for the Future:
- In 2028 CET will play a significantly greater role in the academic life of WKU. This will be visible in many ways:
- The college will administer itself and become two institutes, Wolkite University Institute of Technology (WKUIoT) and Wolkite University Institute of Technology for Textile, Garment & Fashion Design.(WKUIoTEX)
- Till 2028 curricula will support student centered learning via more projects and less lectures. Students will be encouraged to participate significantly in teaching, industry projects and research projects. Curricula will allow for multidisciplinary studies, e-learning methods and incorporation of high quality video lectures, (freely available on the internet) will be widely used.
- Our graduates will be in demand from industry and from higher education institutions all over Ethiopia and the world. It will be well recognized all over the world due to its many publications and due to the works of its centers of excellence.
Whos is online
We have 83 guests and no members online