Department of Biotechnology
- Develop information system (global genomic database) on biotechnology and stretch active collaboration with other research institutions and Universities across the African continent and the world.
Produce academically efficient and competent citizens,
Produce professionally skilled, attitudinally and ethically responsible students who are committed to their profession towards the promising socio-economic development of Ethiopia;
Conduct basic and applied research aiming to advance Science and Technology,
Understand social needs and problems, and find solutions to the prevailing national challenges;
Provide community service
Build the University’s capacity in Biotechnology techniques in terms of human resource for advanced biotechnology researches to secure international competitive research grants.
Diploma holders from recognized institutions in the field of Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Medical and health Sciences, Agriculture , environmental Sciences and related fields.
Undergraduate applicants for degree studies are required to complete their preparatory education in natural science and pass the entrance examination prepared by the Ethiopian ministry of education.
Study program Description
- The program will clearly put on the basic understanding of different streams of Biotechnology including Agricultural Biotechnology (Plant Biotechnology, Animal Biotechnology and Microbial Biotechnology), Medical Biotechnology, Industrial Biotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology and Aquatic biotechnology, Plant Breeding and animal Breading, Molecular Biology, Genomics Bioinformatics and Research in Biotechnology.
- The program will provide Biotechnological and related courses with the perspective of national demands.
- Supportive biology courses including General Botany, General Zoology, General Microbiology, Cell Biology, Principle of Plant Physiology, Principle of animal Physiology, Principles of Genetics and Chemistry courses such as Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, will also be given during the three years deliberation of the program
- Computational courses like Introduction to Biostatistics and Introduction to Computer Science have also been included in the program.
- Common courses such as English, Civic and Ethical Education, Mathematics and Entrepreneurship depending on their relationship between the field of study as well as their practical application have been included.
- Prospective graduates of the program will be able to work in Agricultural, Medical, Industrial and Environmental protection and research institutes.
Whos is online
We have 137 guests and no members online